Tuesday 8 October 2013

Experiment No. 1: To change the daily routine.

Aim: 
To indulge in activities on daily basis to change the normal lifestyle and daily routine.

Materials required:
1) Strong will power;
2) Inspiration;
3) New ideas (most difficult);
4) Most importantly time from this routine.

Procedure:

Some will say that they are their own kings, they control themselves. But I feel ekdam ulta. I feel I am my own slave.

I have developed a very bad routine that I myself do not find time to do things that I love. I do everything in pattern. At whatever time I get up, I leave for work at 9. I follow routine even in office.My real presence in office is known when I swipe my card. I am a slave in office. First I check my mailbox, then my IMS cases and then I will login with BPS and get access to database. After that I will solve all issues and by the time I am free ( that is usually by 11), I adjust my prosthesis (daily). I  reply mails if any and then get back to work. Then I go for lunch, read papers, go for tea from 4-5 (usually) and then leave my office premises. When I leave office building, I go and find rickshaws. And there what I find: I find same rickshawalas at a particular time. I mean they also follow their own pattern. These rickshawalas also know my pattern now. When I reach home, I turn on my wi-fi and check messages on my phone, reply, have dinner, watch TV and go to sleep.
Everyday in the morning I find same set of people, I find same set of people in the evening. I see same set of people in office and I react to every situation in a particular way. My wish also has a particular pattern in a day. My face has a particular expression in different time of the day.

I am so used to my routine that I am addicted to it. I just cannot change. I cannot actually adapt to changes. I have become my own slave. And I have become such a slave of my daily routine that I get no time for recreation and stuff that I enjoy. I spend majority of my time doing office work.

So now I have given myself a task to do one thing that I don't do usually-daily for next 30 days. i.e. from Oct 08 2013 till Nov 08 2013.
I am going to note it down on this blog and  update it daily.
Things that I am going to do can range from climbing a hill to reading an article to as small as cleaning my table. One task one day is my new mantra.

Date 08-10-2013:
Task: Write blog

Observation and Conclusion:
One task a day will help me find a new ME and I may explore new avenues. There will be times when I will run out of ideas too. If you have any suggestions, you can inbox me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment