Friday 11 October 2013

Day four : 11 Oct 2013 : TGIF


Today I had a holiday. Yey. I had a fantastic day. Muaah.

I skipped yoga in the morning and cleaned my living room instead. Worth it. Diwali cleaning has begun and are in full swing at my place and my mother is leaving no stone unturned this time. She saw me free and gave me a 'phatka' and 'gamcha' and a very dirty living area..thaka hi daalaMere do  anmol hathiyar, ek hai hai phatka, ek gamcha..phatka....gamcha...(This is me after watching Ram Lakhan movie in the morning, rum pum pum rum um pum rum pum pum pum one two ka four, four two ka one..my name is Lakhan, sajno ka sajan..mera naam hai Lakhan..Eye ji...).

Afternoon was well spent watching Television. I loved 'tu mere agal bagal hai, mein tere agal bagal hu' which when translated gives hilarious answer - 'you are near(or next to) my armpit, I am near (or next to) your armpit' .Eww I know..Also be for beimann, she for shaitan, rum peeke hum BESHERAM. Kuch bhi gaane bante hai aaj kal..

From 4-6, I played my fav. BADMINTON...*swosh swosh jor daar seeti* This was the best part of the day. Our game was later stopped due to rain ;) and we had to rush home. 
I face one problem while playing, that I do not trust my prosthetic and thus dont cover the whole court. Whenever I put my body weight on my prosthetic limb, I feel I lose my balance and I feel that I may fall. Also my socket is not airtight. some air seeps in and I feel like my leg is going to come off. It usually does come off. Now I have to go to my prosthetist soon to fix these issues. 
But whatsoever, I love this game Badminton and will play even on a wheel-chair.

Then comes the evening: Yesterday Sudha Chandran had come to my colony to perform for Durga puja. I never knew abt this or I would have gone to see a legend dance. Nervermind, I went for Puja today.
The pandal was so beautifully decorated and the theme was Jamini Roy's paintings. The whole area is decorated with replicas of Jamini Roy. I love her paintings esp the way she narrates the feelings by painting big eyes. Those eyes are simple yet speaks thousand words. Mashaallah. Well decorated pandal.

One of the decoration at Pandal
The whole sthapana  of Maa at Old community Centre

Jai Maa Durga

An hour later, GARBA. 'ayee halo halo..I am writing this blog after coming from garba. Tired and exhausted

.
Garba and Mandir at Shiv temple


Me anf my mother enjoying Garba

Zeal and enthusiasm of them filled me with positivity

So to conclude, this 'one new task a day' is making me do more then one task a day and I feel I am glowing already. I have already started with cleaning for Diwali and regular yoga and now Badminton (hope I play more) and Navratri with Garba is an icing on this cake. I hope at the end of one month I have some great memories too.








No comments:

Post a Comment