Monday 14 October 2013

Day Six: Dassera

Today I had my shift where I had to be in the office. I logged in from home and later on in the afternoon came to know that there was no work left. The very moment I signed off and did what I wanted.

Today Dussera and navmi was falls on the same day. We keep garba and my mother worships it for nine days. Usually in the evenings, we do prayers and sing garba songs for mother goddess. So today we did our prayers, garba songs and then offered our prayers for the last time. My mother had cooked delicious meal and my fav. - Churma ke laddoo. I hadd two big laddoos. ( I could have had more, but I couldnt keep my hands off other delicacies too. ) and lots of other sweets. ( My mom fasted for 9 days and lost a lot of weight and I gained utna hi)

I have been always excited about Dussera. When I used to stay in Vashi, we would give everyone 'sonya che paan' or 'sone ke patte' . These leaves look likes two hearts strategically placed and molded into one. Wehenever someone would give me a leaf, I would keep it in safe place. I still have old sone ke patte esp. ones given to me in college and also few that I had got in Pune. I do not remember who gave me which, but I have kept it. (I am a keeper :D). Always for Dussera, my dad would bring Jalebies (Which were replaced by 'Ghevars' on popular demands of us kids) and gaanthiya. And we kids would wash our car, scooter, cycle(we would touch our cycle only on Dusserra) and then we would do puja, tie garlands and stuff.
This year nothing of these above mentioned things happened. No sona ke patte; no jalebie, gehvars and gaanthiya ; and no puja too (everyone else did, I did not). 

But this year I did what I do every year without fail:- go for Ram leela and Raavan Dahan at  Godavari grounds. The fireworks(which I call as Aatishbaazi) that they put up are exotic. I love the live commentary of one uncle too.
- Yeh dekho Hawaiian Masala ;
- Yeh hai Jaadu ka nasha;
- Yeh gaya Kamra ka pin;
-Woh gaya apna Bengal tiger.
His commentary would make us enjoy the aatishbaazi show even more.
This year we enjoyed the show by sitting on my fav. bench(one of the very few benches with back support).

We clicked some pictures and almost all pics are captured by my photographer friend Ankita.

No comments:

Post a Comment