Saturday 3 March 2012

My encounter with 'The System'

I never bothered about  the administration or how the things around me work. I was happy in my own life with my own boundaries and my own thinking. I went to School, college and even work without thinking about how the things really work. Until one day this accident strike me.

I lost my limb because of no proper administration and no proper management of trauma victim.
  1. I have never ever broken a signal.  I am a law abiding citizen . Well to tell you the truth, my scooter is new and I don't want any kind of trouble for my newbie . That day  at the busy junction near R-Center signals were not working. I wanted to take a turn and out of nowhere, a truck came and it hit me. BANG and I was on the road.
  2. the traffic police noticed me on road from the chowkie below the flyover and instead of coming to my rescue, went inside. he came after 15 minutes and by that time many people had come to my rescue. I wanted that traffic police to do something like catch that truck driver (I still dont know if the man escaped or was put behind the bars). 
  3. I was taken to hospital in a dirty stretcher in police van (I was more concerned about catching infections from it rather then the from surroundings in the van). In police van my father , two constables and Swarnima (A girl who helped me throughout) kept silent.  I was  lying on floor with my injuries covered by my red bandhani dupatta .  
  4. I was taken to the nearest hospital which was never prepared for a situation like this. The head doctor saw me and was perplexed to see me in such condition. some interns gave me first aid and kept me busy talking so i wouldn't lose my consciousness . some doctors were kind, some didn't know what to do and some were to afraid to even touch me. one intern  made a video of me shouting and crying in pain when they were washing my injured leg. (he had Kolavari Di ringtone which annoyed me every time it rang). In this hospital, i was administered first-aid and after one hour of drama, I was told that "We do not have proper equipment and a qualified surgeon to operate you" .
  5. They wanted to transfer me to a hospital in Vashi, Navi Mumbai. I wanted an ambulance and the Hospital had a shortage. Hence, a state of art ambulance meant for trauma victim was called for me. Well that was what I was told. I waited for around one hour in that causality bed waiting for  those four wheels. But to my disappointment, the ambulance that came was a Maruti-Van which lacked even a hanger for my intravenous drip. I wanted to shout at them, i had lost around three - three and a half  hours in that hospital.
  6. Atlast somehow I reached New-Bombay hospital and doctors again saw my wound, asked about it and then i was booked a bed in ICU. The doctor who had my video, showed it to all the doctors present and i could hear my own voice. I felt that one more girl is shouting in a voice like mine. (you do not like ur own voice in a video).
  7. due to procedures and protocol of a hospital , my operation started at around 4:30pm. I had lost a lot of blood and TIME and was critical on  admission. Doctors and nurses were kind to me but at that time i wanted something else, that was - the TIME I had lost and thus a LIMB.
The system is still not efficient and lives are lost daily because of non-availability of basic infrastructures. I dont expect air-lift but atleast availability of information to everyone about nearest hospitals which cater to emergency cases. 

Whatever happened after that was out of the world. I  witnessed kindness from the people who came to my rescue on a busy Friday morning. I remember their faces and I thank them daily in my prayers. Well i never experienced carelessness from anyone but i witnessed lack of training to handle issues like this. 

When I was sitting on the road , my whole life was flashing in front of my eyes. I remembered each and every person who was a part of my life; people who helped me, people whom I helped . And I had just two things : Faith and Hope : that everything is going to be alright : That i am loved .





11 comments:

  1. System is hopeless. It will never change!
    Thinking about the accident will only make you feel sad, and I do not think you family or friends would want to see you in that condition.
    Just cant imagine you so vulnerable. You never were and there is no reason why you should be now.
    Life is too short, do what you like. Move on!
    Be happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about the accident doesn't make me sad but makes me angry..I am happy and content right now in company of my family and friends but I dont know how I will cope up when I go out.

      Delete
    2. I suggest you indulge in as many activities as you can. You think only when you are not doing anything. Read mytery thriller novels, watch movies and go out! Nobody will bite you. People will look at you. You would appear a little different to them. I am not comparing, but you must have noticed how we look at foreigners, fat guys also strange looking people. That is because anything even slightly different, catches our attention. That is how we are programmed.
      You are different only till your are on crutches. I hear there is a lot of development in the world of prosthesis. :D
      So stop thinking, start indulging! ;)

      Delete
    3. Thanks.I will surely do that

      Delete
  2. I can imagine you making a change in the future. i love the end. do you mind if I point out the errors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel the pain & trauma that you might be having at that time. I feel as if my own limb has stopped functioning. I can not even say that 'Yeh to hona hee tha' or 'Honi ko kaun tal sakta hai'. But the only thing that i want to say to you, is that its now the time you should start communicating with you body. I know the following theory of mine will be totally sound crazy and baseless, but just dont use the brains on this..use your heart.then only you can understand what i am about to say. I want you to believe in your body first. By believe i mean love, care, faith.. think that your body has its own soul. You and your body are are ship with its sailor. Now i bring my theory in front of you. its upto you now , if you want to believe it or not.

    I will say, you can regenerate your limb back to where it was 2 years ago. How can you do it, depends on only one thing. How well do you know your body. Every living creature on this earth have regenerative capabilities.

    even we regenerate upto some extent. But that is without knowledge. If we can communicate with our body, care about them, love them, soo much , as if you and your body are one, then you can do just about anything. But i know it may seem like a dream to you, but it is totally possible. I have seen miracles with my own eye. I have seen my friends lost finger, grow back again. Actually, it is never lost. It is always stays with you until the time you hate your body soo much that the body leaves you. Hence, i will ask you to follow one thing.. Just try to talk with your body. At first you will not hear them respond to you..But when you will , then that will be the time, from where you can start the regeneration. If you lost faith from your body, then it is as good as not loving them. We had the power to heal upto any extent. This power was there iwth us from very long time, but as soon as we lost the power to love, as soon as we started to get corrupt in nature, this power faded away. But if you really want your limb back, then start loving yourself , your body from now on.. Dont think how it will happen, just believe and act in such a way, that your body also feels the affection and love you have for them. Just for now, they are not happy with you, atleast your limb. But your limb is happy, it will unravel itself in front of you. But at that time, dont feel its a miracle, just know that it never was away from you. I hope you understand what i am talking about.. If you dont, you will soon understand it..The power of 'LOVE'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you imagine.. same thing happened with me. exactly where my accident happened, a policeman was already there. My dad went to him and asked him to arrange for an ambulance or let us know of a hospital nearby but he was of no help and then we took a lift from a car passing by and another man came in his tata sumo and offered help..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate to you. Hope you're doing well now.

      Delete
  5. pas cher nike air max, combinant un style élégant et une technologie de pointe, une variété de styles de pas cher nike darwin, le pointeur marche entre votre style de goût exclusif.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boyfriend likes copying watches. When you buy it back, replica rolex watches this gorgeous replica watch is amazing. The design and functions of the watch are very fresh and elegant.replica sea dweller watches The quality is perfect. This replica watch is very special, good quality and cheap

    ReplyDelete