Monday 18 July 2016

Irish International 2016

Irish Para Badminton International 2016 was held in Antrim, Northern Ireland, UK from 22-6-2016 to 26-06-2016. I won a Silver medal in Women's singles and a Bronze medal in Women's doubles with my partner from the Netherlands. In mixed doubles, me and Manoj Sarkar were out in quarter finals.


I would like to thank all the people at Rotary club of Deonar and residents of Anushaktinagar for making sure I could participate in tournament. I would also thank Adidas India for sponsoring my apparels, Jankalyan Sahakari bank for sponsoring my kit and Ottobock India for giving my a blade prosthesis for training and playing.



My current international ranking after the tournament is as follows:

Mixed doubles : 3rd
Women's singles( SL3) : 5th
Women's doubles: 20th

Some action pictures by Alan Spink can be found here Action Photography

Some pictures clicked by me.

Irish breakfast

oops, ankle twist

The tri colour


SL3-SL4 Men's doubles (Anand and Manoj)

SS6 Men's singles (mark)


Me with Asami Yamada from Japan

Finals day

Poland

Team bonding time

Medal cermony

Team India

My precious


SL3 men
medal medal


No comments:

Post a Comment